£5.24 Inc VAT
- Additional information
W x D (mm): 39.5 x 1.5
Length (m): 2
Colours in this size: 01 – White, 16 – Black
Genesis KCS is a flexible PVC capping seal used to finish the top of a resilient floor covering where it has been coved up the wall. Capping seals are usually used in conjunction with a cover former.
Preparation is essential to a good quality installation. Surfaces must be sound, smooth, dry, and free from contaminants which will affect adhesion. Wall surfaces should be free from any previous coverings, linings or adhesive residues used to fix them. Paint films and any mould must be removed and the affected surface treated correctly. The capping seal should be allowed to acclimatise for 24 hours prior to installation at an ambient temperature of 18°C.
- Mark the position of the top of the capping seal on the wall and join together using a chalk line.
- Apply a proprietary contact adhesive to the wall and back of the capping seal.
- Allow the adhesive to become touch dry.
- Once dry, bring both surfaces together and apply even pressure along the capping seal ensuring any air bubbles are removed and full contact is made with the wall.
- All internal corners should be mitre cut. External corners may be mitre cut or wrapped around.
01 – White, 16 – Black